Thursday, April 3, 2008

When the Pepper is dissatisfied

There are times when I strain at my own ten minute coffee break image. It's all one thing to say we are a certain kind, we identify what binds us together and although others sometimes find us strange, we like how we are....but it ends up sounding like the bunch of kohl lined dark eyed, hoop-earringed smart kids who have so much angst against the state and the free-market and who see an imperial design in everything and a sexist in every man....it sounds like we revel in the fact that we are different....and we do......but there are days when I feel tired. Sometimes, the pepper does not want to be that way....I don't want to be anybody's coffe- break today, just a coffe-break that is. If it was a ten minute snatch where I could bring life and health back to a comatose person, I would want to be that. In the long run I know this is how it is always going to be.. I'm going to be alone. Just sometimes, the pepper wants to be the butter now-----I'm tired of the metaphor now.......

No comments: